I'm looking for an email (IMAP) proxy for a small LAN gateway. The sole purpose of the proxy is to run ClamAV on incoming emails. Please feel free to correct me if any of the concepts I've stated here are inconsistent with how things work.
* Most devices on the LAN are mobiles, I would prefer to not store or manage user email credentials on the gateway and have the auth mechanism passed directly from device to proxy to main server (ex: gmail).
* Handoff to ClamAV, then process message based on scan result.
* If proxy is required to make this work, a Transparent, Lightweight, Non-Caching solution.
* Clients do not use POP3, so an IMAP-only solution is OK.
* Support for TLS (gmail) connection. Preference: query & close (not keep-alive).
* Platform: FreeBSD 11-Stable with Jailed ClamAV, clamd listening for incoming scan requests.
From what I've read Perdition seems capable of doing this, I would like to confirm as such.
Thanks & Regards.
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.